Now, I'm always interested when people begin conversations in that way, but when I looked up and saw her face, I could immediately see that the full weight of the weirdness of her question was bearing down on her, and she understood just how odd of a request she was about to make.
After making sure that I spoke English, she told me that she had a friend of a friend who needed me to come say "Cheers" for some reason and was wondering if I would be interested in helping her out.
Well of course I was.
So a few minutes later, we left the hostel with a pretty sizeable group that she had rounded up in tow and headed to a recording studio; none of us really knew what we were about to do.
After some time, it became clear that the guy we were following was a local recording artist who was making a song with international themes about how people from all over the world can have a good time. He needed each of us to say phrases in our own languages about partying or having fun.
And so we did.
We spent about two hours in the studio when all was said and done, laughing, singing, speaking, and generally feeling kind of awkward. And it sounds like we've worked up a pretty good track.
We were assured that production on the song would be done in a month or so and we would be able to hear the song on facebook. Looking forward to that embarrassing moment.
It's not too often that I get asked to record my voice for things. This was definitely one of the most random but also coolest experiences that I have had in Spain.
No comments:
Post a Comment